I was nominated by Allegra from ‘Here’s To Us’, which is hugely flattering, of course. She’s also the one who signed me up for Teens Can Write, Too! so you’ve got a lot to
blame thank her for!
Here’s how the Versatile Blogging Award works:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 5-7 deserving blogging buddies.
- Contact those buddies to congratulate them!
So here are my seven facts…
- I often feel like I try to be weirder than I am to get attention. I feel guilty about this, so I try to be normal. And then end up being weird. Thus I figure that I’m just socially inept and I give up on talking to people.
- I have several bookshelves in my room. One of them is “Books I’m glad for the world to know I like.” One of them is “Books I like to pretend I’ve read (and in some cases have).” One is, “I do not own these books. Shhh.”
- I fell in love with my main character, killed him off, then a year later met a guy who looked like him. That went well…
- It takes me way too long to answer to the name ‘Miriam’ because it doesn’t feel like it belongs to me. I don’t know, maybe it’s just because I associate it with childhood and parents and stuff, and I don’t feel like the same person I was before. I really need to think of a new name for myself. Although, apparently I’m called ‘Minimal’, according to my desk-partner Owen from orchestra. So, hey.
- Talking of minimal, I’m cutting all my hair off in two weeks. I’ll admit that partly this is because I told my flute teacher and she said, “You won’t do it,” and now I have to, just to prove her wrong. I’m that sort of person.
- I want to be a ballet teacher and a writer when I’m older. I intend to study ballet full-time instead of opting for an academic uni course, though it’ll be hard to get in. My parents are not huge advocates of this plan. That’s part of the fun of it ;)
- I used to pretend I had an imaginary friend called Ptolemy. He was awesome.
And I am passing this award on to:
Mark Williams with Mark Williams International. Partly because he featured me :)
The Hack Novelist. Wouldn’t call him a ‘buddy’, exactly, but I’ve been following his blog for months and it never ceases to amuse/interest me.
Lorna at Gin & Lemonade. I think hers was the first blog I ever followed after finding it on Freshly Pressed, though it wasn’t the last.
The Last Muggle (to read Harry Potter). Don’t know their name yet. Found this blog via Allegra, very nice indeed, am enjoying it a lot! :)
Spook / Charley / Spookybeast / Beast / Oi, You! (We’ve known each other a while. I’m allowed to get bored of calling her Spook) with The Leaning Tower Of Plot. Because, you know, I like her. And she’s cool.
Elorithryn / Cathryn with The Diary Of A Working, Writing Mother. She doesn’t get many views, just me and Spook mostly, and few comments – she only started the blog a few weeks ago. Hop along and support her, will you?
Bella with Divine Decadence, Darling. Because she’s my sister. And because her travel posts are really interesting. I’ll be honest and say her fashion posts aren’t my favourite, but hey, I spend my life in jeans. Maybe you might like them. :)