I’m not actually going to destroy beautiful people. I’m going to try the ‘Beautiful People’ thing, with a character from my novel Destroying, and also Returning. Her name is Bronwyn, I rant about her a lot on here, and she’s probably one of my favourite characters that I’ve ever invented. Ever. Like, ever.
1. If your character could be played by any actor, who would it be?
A young Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper from Torchwood). Or somebody else equally awesome and equally Welsh.
2. Does your character have a specific theme song?
No, but she’s fond of the band Chameleon Circuit and I can see her knowing all of the words to the track Teenage Rebel. I also listened to my ‘death scenes’ playlist a lot while writing her.
3. What’s their worst childhood memory?
Visiting her parents in a mental hospital – she hated that.
4. If your character had a superpower, what would it be?
Lol, she already does. Kind of. She’s a Shifter, so she can Shift stuff (like time! which is awesome. and also matter and stuff). She wishes she had the Watcher’s gift of turning things invisible, and thinks pyrokinesis would be cool.
5. If your character crashed on an island with a bunch of other people, how would your character help the group survive?
She’d Shift them all to somewhere else. But I can imagine she’d just Shift herself and abandon them.
6. Are they married? If not, do they someday wish to be?
She’s like nineteen. I should hope not. I doubt she’ll ever get married, not after what I did to her at the end of Returning, but it’s possible. When I’m all famous and stuff, if you guys want to write fan fic in which Wyn gets married, go ahead. I shall read it and laugh.
7. What is a cause they would die for?
Pretty much anything. She doesn’t care very much.
8. Would they rather die fighting valiantly, or quietly at home?
Fighting. She doesn’t want to die with tubes in her.
9. If someone walked up to them and told them they were the child of the prophecy, would they believe them?
Yeah, probably. She’s egotistical, but more than that, she’s had enough weird things happen to her for that to seem pretty normal.
10. Do they prefer the country or the city?
Country because there are fewer people, though it’s easier to hide in the city.
These questions come from Further Up and Further In, whose blog I found via Charley R! :)
There are new questions every month(?) and… stuff. Yeah. Head over there, ’cause I don’t know what I’m doing and am just trying to cover up for my lack of inspiration for posts.