I’m taking a break from a long sequence of meaningful posts because while the discussions they’ve sparked have been highly enjoyable, I’m all out of ideas. Also, I got given two blog awards, which gives me something else to talk about. Yay!
The first is the Fantastic Blog Award. Now, is this an award for fantastic blogs, or a blog award that is fantastic? I don’t know. But ‘fantastic’ always puts me in mind of the Ninth Doctor, which is cool. So.
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Answer the five questions given to you and ask the next person five new questions.
- Award five people.
- Post the rules.
Thank you very much, nevillegirl! Some people complain about blog awards, but I like them. It makes me feel appreciated. Also, I notice it’s going to be nevillegirl’s birthday on Saturday the 22nd, so Happy Birthday! In case I forget nearer the time :D
Five Questions From Nevillegirl
1. What is your explanation for why the sky is blue?
It’s not. They just want you to think it is.
2. What does your favorite pair of socks look like?
They are multicoloured and stripy and have a hole in one heel because I wear them so much. And I’m not sure that’s how you spell stripy.
3. What is the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
Well, well, well.
Three holes in the ground.
4. What type of insect would you be?
I would not be an insect because I do not like insects. I would be a penguin instead.
5. What would you name your computer and why?
My laptop already has a name. It’s called JARVIS because it’s my best friend, helps me get things done, and answers back in a sarky manner (okay, maybe it just crashes when I irritate it, but what the hell). My old laptop was called Rory Williams because it died at alarmingly regular intervals.
I’m going to save this and double-nominate (totally didn’t just write that as ‘dominate’, honest) some people at the end. Sorry. However, your questions will be:
1. What is the nearest fiction book to you at this exact moment?
2. What do other people think of your music taste?
3. What is the oddest conversation snippet you overheard recently?
4. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
5. What was the last thing you ate, and did you enjoy it?
The second is the Lovely Blog Award. This was awarded to me by Cassie Behle, which makes me feel slightly guilty about the fact that her blog posts are still filed under the label ‘Cassie Thingymajig’ but not guilty enough to get around to changing it, ehehe ;) Thanks, Cassie!
So after I have thanked the person who gave me the award and linked to their post, I am obliged to share seven facts about myself.
- I am currently listening to “Scene of the Drunken Poet” from Purcell’s “The Fairy Queen”. This is not through choice, but it is somewhat amusing anyway. I also have no idea what is going on. He just called someone a ‘damn tormenting punk’ though, so who cares. At least, I think that’s what he said.
- A friend came over to watch Doctor Who with me on Friday – we are watching series three at the moment. After we’d watched two episodes, she said apologetically that she really couldn’t stay for a third. We ended up talking for an hour and a quarter before she went home. We might as well have watched ‘Blink’.
- I name everything I own. Well, not everything, but all my technology. My phone is called Mrs Hudson and the predictive text setting refuses to learn any profanities (even as mild as ‘damn’). I am convinced this is intentional. My camera is called War. It used to be called something else, but I forgot it and renamed it.
- I am very obsessed with the book Good Omens, which you should read if you haven’t read it already.
- I play the violin, the flute and the piccolo. Nobody likes sitting next to me when I am playing the piccolo because it is very high. It’s a lonely occupation, but a noble one.
- My nails are currently painted green and gold. There’s a theme here. I match the colours of my nails to the colours of my ballet clothes. For example, this week was Loki colours. So my nails are green and gold and my leotard was black with a green t-shirt. Next week, my nails will be red and gold, and my leotard will be red and I will be Iron Man. The week after that, I was planning to do Hawkeye but I don’t have any purple clothes which makes it more difficult.
- I’m actually really bad at painting my nails and don’t usually pay any attention to what I wear at all because it doesn’t bother me, but I wanted to Avengers-theme it for a while, so whatever. Don’t take this as a reason to think I’m a girly girl. I’m not.
And now I have to nominate 15 people for this award!
Well, considering that I’ve got 5 to nominate already, that seems like rather a lot, and I’m not very good at this whole nomination thing because I don’t follow all that many blogs (most of them are industry blogs run by professionals so you can’t exactly nominate them).
Therefore, I nominate everybody who takes part or has taken part in the Teens Can Write Too! blog chain for both of these awards because you are all fantastic, lovely people who deserve blog awards but I cannot remember all of your names.
I have no idea how to go about notifying them but I suppose some of them may see this and that’s good enough for me. YAY!